The school has a wonderfully active Parents’ Association that promotes and supports partnership between parents/guardians and our school in a number of ways:
- It runs a programme of activities and events throughout the year that encourages the involvement of parents
- It organises parents to assist in the yard when this is possible
- It raises much needed funds for the school
- It keeps parents informed by PA newsletter, Class Rep and a Parents notice board
- It provides a channel for parents’ views and opinions on aspects of school policy. The parent nominees on the school’s Board of Management are also members of the Parents Association committee. These policies include the Healthy Lunch, Code of Behaviour and School Uniform policies.
- It provides opportunities for parents/guardians to meet and network with one another
- It organises talks for parents on child development, learning and related topics that are of interest to parents
- It organises the First Class Graduation party
Each year the Parents’ Association committee arranges a small number of fund raising ventures. In recent years these have included Class Calendar, Christmas cards, Christmas raffle and the annual Cake Sale.
Parents/Guardians can also use the PA to share issues and concerns related to the school. Issues are channelled through the PA Chairperson to the Principal, who in turn will bring concerns / initiatives presented, to the Board of Management.
Parents who have become actively involved in the Parents Association have found it a very useful way of making a contribution to their children’s development, while also becoming further informed about what is happening in the school.
It also provides an excellent way of getting to know other parents.
The PA has the own website on the following link: